Pelvic Health Physical Therapy
Do you struggle with pelvic pain, bladder issues, trouble with bowel movements, or have concerns with pregnancy and childbirth? Physical therapy may help! At Therapy Services, we offer a comprehensive approach to help address pelvic health problems in a supportive and comfortable environment. Feel at ease knowing you will be treated by specialty trained healthcare professionals.
What is Pelvic Rehabilitation?
A non-surgical approach that addresses dysfunctions in relation to the pelvic girdle that contribute to bowel, bladder, sexual health and pain complaints.
Strategies to help address these issues may include manual therapies, modalities, behavioral strategies, therapeutic exercise, functional re-training, education, and much more!
Pelvic Health Services
- Incontinence (urinary leakage)
- Issues with frequency and urgency
- Overactive bladder
- Difficultly fully emptying bladder
- Difficultly stopping/starting urine stream
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic Pain
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
- Vaginismus (pain with penetration)
- Levator Ani Syndrome
- Unexplained pain
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pre/Post-partum Care
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Diastasis Recti
- Pre/Post Surgical
- Sacro-Iliac Dysfunctions
- Low Back Pain
- Preventative and Restorative therapies
- Movement Dysfunction
What to Expect at Initial Evaluation
- A comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation with review of past medical history, medications, diagnosis and other areas of concern.
- Education and review of the plan of care for maximum rehabilitation.
- An internal evaluation may be an integral part of your treatment plan, but it is not necessary at evaluation! You and your therapist will decide together on the best plan of action in order to achieve optimal success.